Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sky Study, Painter's Psalms



Sky Study
 oil on panel  9" x 12"

Once one is bitten by the bug of wrestling with the visual, chaotic world and fighting to bring form or understanding out of it - it simply grabs hold like a dog with a chew toy and will not let go. What a joyful predicament!

Let me grasp the air
pulsing down these hills,
kissed by a moment's cold frolic,
without thought of the strangling calendar.

Let my feet step free into the swirl
in the yellow tall grasses,
my head up among the intemperate clouds, 
at one with my precious delirium.

There are no dances so
sweet as these hours of mine,
poured out on the land,
standing at the edge of mystery,
boldly greeting my imperfections,
held out as an offering.

I am never far from these fields,
lodged as they are in my deep.
Their wind songs find me
encased in dreams, lost,
slant light running loose
through my night shadows.

from 'A Painter's Psalms'
by Dean Taylor Drewyer



No comments:

Post a Comment