Friday, October 3, 2014

"Magnificent chaos - What should I do with this absurdity...", W. B. Yeats, Orange Lake Painting




Lake # 2, Late September
  oil on panel  6" x 8" 

"What shall I do with this absurdity - 
O heart, O troubled heart - this caricature,
Decrepit age that has tied to me
As to a dog's tail?
Never had I more
Excited, passionate, fantastical
imagination, nor an ear and eye
That more expected the impossible, "
W. B. Yeats

When on the lake I felt the dichotomy that is held in Yeats'  lines; the decrepit age and the excited passion for the sensory world. I guess this is what I am doing each day - painting  and finding that balance. Always, whatever aches and pains I might have, they seem to drift away as I become absorbed in the struggle to come to grips with the magnificent chaos.  
In response to folks who asked about availability of my work, this painting will be posted on auction at eBay's, beginning midnight tonight - for a starting price of $99. Haven't done this before but I will endeavor to post one regularly and see how it goes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment