Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Down the Road
7" x 10"
oil on canvas
Tangled bramble roses and weeds along roadside ditches on a November day warmer than expected. There is a poetry to be found down there on the rough edge of an old farm. The visual tension between the tangle and the escaping road is enough to keep me occupied and the risk of ending up with nothing is enough of a trigger the painting. Some days I will pace and wander and drive the pick-up all over searching for just such a moment. Often it is a sideways, 'out of the corner of my eye' thing that brings me to a halt.
"Lord: it is time. The summer was immense.
Lay your shadow on the sundials
and let loose the wind in the fields."
Ranier Maria Rilke

1 comment:

  1. I like your work. Glad I found it. I like the texture and color.

    ReplyDelete