Thursday, June 2, 2011

Clearing Off
 oil on panel  9"x12"
"A minute in the world's life passes! To paint it in its reality and forget everything for that! 
To become that moment ..."  Paul Cezanne
One last small painting I just realized I had left from my recent days at Manteo. Every morning down there right on into mid-day it was overcast and windy, with smoke in the air from nearby brush fires. This particular early afternoon the day flirted with clearing and I tried to grab hold of the wind and water and sky as they buffeted a small peninsula across the harbor. Isn't that just like a crazy painter, trying to grab the wind and sky - it is just that in my quirky lifetime I have found these impossibilities are the only things that can hold my interest (that and of course, baseball and those I love). 
So on it goes, this attempt to become one with the light and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment